Kids Place Preschool (1515 Kingfisher Street)
Phone: 250-632-3144 ext.212
Kildala Preschool (Kildala elementary)
2 Sessions (Tuesday & Thursday) per year $1900.00
3 Sessions (Monday, Wednesday, Friday) per year $2400.00
This can be paid at the rate of $240 per month and $190 per month
Classes are either in the morning, from 9:00am-11:30am or in the afternoon from 12:30pm-3:00pm.
These programs are yearly (10 months) September to June of each school year. No credit days are provided for statutory holidays or Non-instructional Days.
We believe that preschool is a place where young children learn as they play, and share experiences with other children in a safe stimulating environment. The purpose of the Kitimat preschool and daycare program is to facilitate children’s learning through adaptation, inclusion, and goal setting. This can be achieved through information, consultation, and planning between the family and staff. A family-centered team based approach to inclusion is promoted with parents, educators, and therapists working together to determine goals and action plans for achieving success.
The preschool environment is a chief ingredient in the learning experience of young children. The environment is prepared in such a way that the children interact within it. He/she is prompted towards sensory experience, experimentation, and arrival at conceptual conclusions. Environmental areas that children interact with are as follows:
- Sensory Materials: facilitate growth of touch, sight, smell and hearing skills
- Fine-Motor Materials: promote growth of hand skills, and hand eye coordination
- Gross-Motor Materials: facilitate growth of large muscle skills
- Language Arts: promote listening, speaking, and pre-writing skills
- Social Studies Materials: promote self recognition and awareness, awareness of family and community, and social skills
- Pre-math Materials: facilitate knowledge of numbers, time, sequences, measurement, and shapes
- Creative Expression-Art, Music, & Drama: promote creative self-expression and appreciation of the creativity of others
Kildala Out of School Care
Hours of operation: 7:00am-6:00pm throughout the school year
Registration Fee: $25.00
Full time rate: $385.00 per month (AM and PM) (includes NID and School Holidays)
Half time rate: $330.00 per month (pick AM or PM) (includes NID and School Holidays)
Spring break and NID rate: $385.00
***There are no drop-in rates for NIDS***
The Kildala Out of School Care program runs throughout the elementary school year. It works to maintain a strong relationship with the children, and families of the children who attend.